Like a boss
Back on the cooking trail I was on my way to making a cheeky ratatouille when I decided to divert and make a Mexicanesq inspired Chorizo and Bean Hot Pot with a BBQ tang.
Newmanns BBQ Sauce
1. Chop the mushrooms, pepper, courgettes and chorizo.
2. Chop the oregano, basil and sage and then mix it in with the chopped tomatoes and passata. Then add 4 tbsp of BBQ sauce and 3 tbsp of Worcester sauce. I also gave a few turns on the old pepper grinder.
3. Whack in the courgettes and peppers and chorizo to a hot pan and fry for 3 minutes before adding the mushrooms. And fry for another 3 minutes.
4. Add in the sauce mix and stir before dialling the heat right back and placing a lid on the pan to simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the beans and stir in.
6. Replace the lid and return to simmer for another 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
7. Serve…..made even better if you just so happens to have been roasting some pork belly.