Like a boss
Yup, I’m at it again. I’m trying to boost my vegetable intake whilst maximising my flavour intake. So why not try this rich tomato based ratatouille with Heinz Five Beanz. The sausages are select from the Orchard Farm shop, near my parents place in Hurst Green. Kent’s finest I should say.
Heinz Five Beans – tin
Chopped Tomatoes – tin
Sprouting Purple Broccoli
Cajun Spice Powder
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
1. Pre heat the fan assisted oven to 200 degrees, 220 degrees non fan assisted.
2. Put the sausages in and set the timer for 30 minutes.
3. Chop the vegetable into sizeable chunks.
4. Preheat a pan with a knob of butter and with 20 minutes to go chuck in the courgettes and orange pepper.
5. Stir fry at a medium heat for 2-3 minutes before adding chopped tomatoes.
6. Lower heat and simmer whilst adding BBQ sauce, chilli powder and Cajun powder.
7. Mix in the mushrooms.
8. With 10 minutes to go, add in the Heinz Five Beanz and Purple Sprouting Broccoli.
9. Stir in the ingredients, place on a lid and simmer for the last 10 minutes. Stirring at regular intervals.
If you’ve nailed it the dish should be full of colour and have a rich tomato smell with a hint of spice. Like so.
10. As 30 minutes chimes take out the sausages, plate up and add the spicy cajun BBQ bean ratatouille.