Like a boss
This Spicy BBQ chicken is a perfect accompaniment with mixed vegetables and chips.
I also bought some purple sprouting broccoli from the local farm shop at home for a flavoursome accompaniment.
Prep Time – 15 Minutes
Cooking Time – 45 Minutes
Spicy BBQ Chicken
Chicken Thighs x4
Red Onion x1
Garlic Cloves x3
Chilli Powder x2 tsp
Cajun Powder x2 tsp
Newman’s Sticky BBQ Sauce
Yellow Pepper x1
Purple Sprouting Broccoli
1. Peel the outer layer of the red onion before grating into a bowl. Then strip the 3 garlic cloves and grate accordingly.
2. Chop the yellow peppers, courgettes and mushrooms then set them to one side for cooking later with the purple sprouting brocoli.
3. Sear the chicken in a hot pan and place to the side in a roasting dish.
4. Mix the grated garlic and onion into the frying pan with the chicken sauces. Fry at a high heat for 2 minutes before stirring in the curry and Cajun powder with the chopped tomatoes.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes before adding to the roasting dish, then place in the oven for 45 minutes.
6. With 20 minutes to go chuck in the oven chips.
7. With 10 minutes to go heat a knob of butter in a pan and fry the vegetables at a high heat.
8. With 5 minutes to go chuck the purple sprouting broccoli in boiling water.
Serve up this dish Spicy BBQ dish with a rich tomato base. And add a dollop of ketchup and mayo for good measure.